The Perks of Swinging

So far swinging, for me, has been about much more than just the sex. It has as much been about the social aspect and the enjoyment I get from meeting new people.
We have met up with a handful of couples so far and they've all been so different—from totally different backgrounds, social circles, coming from different places, and all having very interesting life stories to tell. It has reminded me how many different ways you can lead your life, how many different options there are.
Yet, despite meeting for the first time and being so different, we've got something in common with everyone we meet. In as quickly as fifteen minutes, we launch in to conversations about sex, our previous experiences, how long we've been doing it, what attracted us to it. Because we can talk about such a "taboo" subject with ease, we immediately have a special bond with these people.

Talking freely about sex with friends is definitely something new for me. I'm what you would call shy, and have always felt a little uncomfortable when friends brought up sex—up until now at least. Meeting up with like-minded couples has helped free me of some of the shyness, and I no longer feel myself blushing when the subject of sex comes up with old friends outside the swinger scene.
I do feel like there is somewhat of a new sexual revolution going on though. I talked about this in my very first post on the blog, that quite a few of our friends outside our swinging circle are getting into it too—perhaps have been for a long time—and they are definitely not secretive about it. And as one fellow we met observed, there are quite a few new profiles showing up on the site of people who seem to be testing the waters, curious and a bit tentative.
The Internet must play a huge part in this, with easy access to movie clips of pretty much any fantasy or perversion you could hope to think of. I didn't really open up to the possibilities in sex until I first saw porn with all of it's different positions, techniques, groups, awesome blowjobs!, girl on girl stuff, toys... the list goes on. Once you see something that interests you, the seed gets planted. Now I'm such a voyeur and love to watch porn, but I'm picky!
But anyway, there does seem to be a shifting of attitudes towards sexual exploration. Our local fetish night gets busier every time we go, with new faces all of the time. Sex toys parties abound and lots more sex positive events, workshops, and adult stores.
It's good to see because I believe there isn't anything wrong, with fun, consensual sex nor should we feel ashamed of exploring it!

Labels: lifestyle, swinging story

7 Comments:
yes hun, we've got HUGE shoes to fill. but we can do it.
And with the internet you can fully see if some type of sex you've never experienced is something you want to at least try. But the internet should only be used to quickly check it out as the real, live version may not live up to the online one sometimes....
sg...i'll help fill those shoes with you. ;)
fantastic photos! great post, i agree with alot that you've said.
kajira{MJ}
I recently met some young people who after curiosity was stirred, googled my name and found my blog, I had recently written up a post about a recent swinger's party I had gone to. The next time I saw them they said to "wow, so what's it like, I never knew parties like really existed until I read it on your blog". LOL. She was about 21 so I figured, there would be many years ahead of discovering these things on different levels.
Funny how it becomes second nature, I know for me, it has gone from a excitable spark to a real snuggly warm feeling when 'playing' with other couples.
Great to see some more swinging posts around!
Love the skirt/panties you're wearing in your pics - would it be possible to let us know where you got them from? Many thanks :)
The panties that you can't really see were from Victoria's Secret and the little skirt was from La Vie en Rose.
Hi Tenderfine,
Many thanks for the response to my question - sorry it's taken me so long to thank you, but connection probs at home! Really appreciate the info and shall have a look for Mrs's Christmas present ;)
Love the blog too, many thanks!
Nick
Post a Comment
<< Home